A feel good recipe that keeps summer in your heart with the autumn season start. Lemon Garlic Chicken Zoodles. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 6 zucchini
- 2 chicken breasts (about 15 oz / 425 gr), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fine grain salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Using a spiralizer create zucchini spaghetti (always read the directions as they vary by brand.) If you don’t have a spiralizer use a regular vegetable peeler to vertically peel long, thin strips of the zucchini. This will form more of a wider “noodle” from the zucchini, like fettuccini.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add zucchini noodles and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until zucchini noodles are tender but still retain some crunch.
- Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes so that they can release all of the moisture. Transfer noodles to a colander and drain the excess water from the pan.
- Wipe the pan and heat one tablespoon of olive oil, when sizzling add chicken cubes and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and parsley, lower to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down and release some of their juice.
- In the meantime in a small bowl combine lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add zoodles to the pan alongside the lemon juice mixture.
- Stir until everything is combined and heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (if using) and serve!
One serving yields 270 calories, 12 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs, and 29 grams of protein.
This recipe courtesy of The Iron You blog.